Since the entry of 2016, the year has proven to be a busy one thus far. From bad colds and tummy troubles to increased workload, it has been a challenge keeping up with everything. But as one of my favorite authors would say,
still I rise – Maya Angelou
Earlier I mentioned joining the WFWA’s Write-a-Thin project, so here’s my progress report. I met my goal, but the more rewarding side was the encouragement and sometimes-comical comments from fellow writers. Like me, others ran into “life” which caused setbacks to production. But having the support system felt like having a person on the sidelines – handing out cups of water and cheering you on.
So where am I with the other 2016 goals? I’m sure you’ve been on pins and needles to know (lol).
- Weight loss: haven’t lost or gained, but my habit to eat while writing seems to have waned,
- Financial planning: meeting set this week,
- Local writing group: plans for a meet-up this month with WFWA writers living in the Atlanta area,
- First manuscript submission: Still on track, and plan to submit in latter part of year,
- Second book draft: starts of an outline and a few skeleton scenes,
- Blog improvements:- adding hashtags to post titles and including hyperlinks to previous posts to increase visibility; included spotlight category to showcase authors/things about writing that inspire me and possibly others.
In my head, I’m doing cartwheels over the progress made so far, but there’s still more to come. Stay tuned.
Photo: theqspeaks Victory! – Nike Women’s Half Marathon DC via photopin (license)