Six months in, and I’m reporting my 2016 progress. So here’s the lowdown. Updates in red –no progress, orange – pending progress, or green– achieved or in progress.
1. Lose 25 pounds (shouldn’t be a surprise considering the holiday foods I ate )
Haven’t lost a thing 😦
2. Improve financial plan
Great strides thanks to insight from the financial planners at my church.
3. Go to a Barrett-Jackson auction (I love the nostalgia of classic cars)
Due to #2 we’re focusing more on saving so our trips this year will be on a smaller scale.
4. Travel to Puerto Rico
See update under #2.
5. Go skiing and/or zip-lining
With summer upon us, this item will become a reality soon.
6. Join a local writing group
I didn’t join a local group, but I have met several wonderful ladies online and off from the WFWA.
7. Submit first manuscript
In working through the 2nd draft, I just wasn’t feeling the story anymore. I decided to put it down and work on something else.
8. Complete second book draft
In progress! And I’ve been fortunate to join a critique group that will help me iron out the wrinkles.
9. Research book-to-movie/tv deals
This was a total eye-opener. There is so much to this process I had no clue about. My impression is that it’s best that studios come to you, but know your ish when they
do. I may post about this later.
10. Make this one of the best blogs on the internet
I’ve noticed more follows which is absolutely great. But I’d love to hear your feedback.
Happy New Year!!! Glad you stopped by, and hope you’re enjoying the new digs.
This time of year is generally earmarked for resolutions and setting goals. Some years I follow suit. Others I take life as it comes. This year I’m going with the former.
I found an interesting Writer’s Digest post, and decided to create a list of 10 resolutions for 2016. The list consists of 5 personal items and 5 focused on writing. Throughout the year, I’ll post about my progress. But for right now, I have goosebumps on all the wonderful things to come.
These are in no particular order:
- Lose 25 pounds (shouldn’t be a surprise considering the holiday foods I ate 🙂 )
- Improve financial plan
- Go to a Barrett-Jackson auction (I love the nostalgia of classic cars)
- Travel to Puerto Rico
- Go skiing and/or zip-lining
- Join a local writing group
- Submit first manuscript
View original post 37 more words